- Monday: We will describe different landforms (steppe, butte, mesa, oasis, cataract, marsh, swamp, flood plain, cliff, bay, harbor, & gulf)
- Tuesday: We will analyze landforms found on different continents
- Wednesday: We will analyze how landforms work together & their differences
- Thursday: We will use our knowledge of landforms to create a story
- Friday: We will check our knowledge of landforms (iAssignment)
Friday, September 28, 2012
This week we will be continuing our study of landforms.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Below are several online resources to help learn the landforms we discussed in class.
- BrainPop Jr. Matching
- Landforms Flash Cards - Quizlet
- Landforms Quiz
- Landforms Quiz - Quia.com
- Landforms Power Point Review
These resources were made by other educators and students, so there might be things on them that we didn't discuss in class. They should still be helpful though.
Friday, September 21, 2012
This week will be studying landforms.
The daily learning objectives are below:
- Monday: No School!
- Tuesday: We will brainstorm & categorize landforms
- Wednesday: We will be able to explain what sea level & elevation mean
- Thursday: We will describe different landforms
- Friday: We will assess our learning of landforms (iAssignment - Quiz)
Monday, September 17, 2012
This week we are studying ancient historic sites, and reviewing for Friday's summative test.
Monday: Historic Sites Day 1 (pg. 29-30 in ISN)
Tuesday: Historic Sites Day 2 (pg. 31-32 in ISN)
Wednesday: Historic Sites Map (pg. 33) and Summative Crossword Review (pg. 36)
Thursday: Historic Sites Quick Check and Summative Review Sheet (pg. 34)
Friday: Summative Test
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Here is a game that can help learning latitude and longitude:
Saturday, September 8, 2012
This week we'll be studying latitude and longitude.
Monday: Smart Board Activity - Latitude and Longitude
Tuesday: Latitude and Longitude Scavenger Hunt - SE Asia
Wednesday: Absolute and Relative Location
Thursday: Lat. & Long./Absolute & Relative Location Review
Friday: iAssignment - Quiz (24 questions)
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Saturday, September 1, 2012
image from Stratalogica.com
This week we will be working on...